Thursday, May 5, 2011

Health Insurance

I got a call from our caseworker last night, right in the middle of trying to fend off five hungry kiddos while I cooked supper and waited for Ramsey to arrive home.

She had news.  Not any news I was hoping for, of course.  Turns out that what we currently have for health coverage will not be sufficient.  The word "dealbreaker" was used, in fact.

This was discouraging news, to say the least.  I did not shoot the messanger but I have to admit that, when I hung up the phone, a few innocent bystanders may have barely escaped with their lives.

Ramsey is self-employed so we've never had private health insurance because, for a family our size, it would cost the equivalent of three mortgage payments every month.  Thankfully all we will need to have covered at this time is the child we will be adopting.

God has a plan, of course.  I see-saw between "what are we going to do??" and "can't wait to see what You're going to do!"  Adoption is Trust God Boot Camp if there ever was one.

I will be spending the rest of the day online and on the phone, letting health insurance companies duke it out over who gets to cover one very special waiting child.  Lowest bidder wins, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment