Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Long Version- Part 2

We decided that, since the agency had left it open to us to check back in later, we would at least go ahead and ask one more time. I e-mailed the WCP assistant on the morning of Monday, April 4th, asking if there were any way that they would consider waiving their sibling age requirement and allowing us to move forward with pursuing this adoption.

I probably checked my e-mail about 243 times between Monday morning and Wednesday evening, when I received a reply. The reply was from the manager of the WCP. She told me that she had recently returned from a trip to this little one's country where she met with their government's Child Adoption Center and had spoken to them regarding their flexibility regarding family eligibility. She had also visited "Chloe". She asked us to answer some questions to share to see if the country's government might be flexible in our case. Then she closed by saying that she looked forward to advocating for our family's eligibility to adopt from this country.

Even though I was so hopeful, I was still surprised to receive what seemed to be such an encouraging response! I shot back a quick reply, then received another e-mail with a little more information about Chloe, and a picture that she had taken of her during her visit- dated March 26th. What a blessing to see such a recent photo of her! She is as beautiful as ever... Her photo makes us just want to scoop her up and hold her... She is so precious.

I woke up at 3:30 the next morning, then couldn't stop my brain from composing answers to the questions the agency asked. I finally got up and sat there in the dark in the kitchen, writing our response. The sun was well up before I finished.

Again I sent off an e-mail to the agency and again I waited. This time, though, I figured that if it took 3 days to get the initial response, then I should try to wait at least a week before letting myself get too antsy.

I didn't have to wait a week- we got an e-mail on Monday afternoon. She had consulted with the country's Program Director and they'd come up with one more question they wanted an answer to- the country would want to know specifics about Ramsey's job and his schedule. I replied to that e-mail and the last thing I've heard is that she hopes to have news for us next week. Which technically begins tomorrow. Again, I'm trying to psych myself up for a wait- Friday is as much "next week" as Monday is!

So, that's where we're at. There's a baby girl on the other side of the world that has somehow, without being physically present, become as much a part of our daily reality as any of our other kids. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says "Pray without ceasing" and, boy, have we been. Ramsey and I have both had it strongly impressed on us that, if Chloe is meant to join our family, it's not going to be without a spiritual battle. We know that the last thing the enemy wants is for orphaned children to be adopted by families that will love them, nurture them, and raise them for the Lord and this is no exception. Too often he wins, by way of apathy and selfishness, but I refuse to let that be the case here, if there is anything I can do about it. Please be praying with us, for all we know decisions are being made about our situation right now. Please pray Proverbs 21:1, "The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord; He directs it like a watercourse wherever He pleases", and above all that God's will is done.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thrilled for you and your family. What a joy it is to hold you in prayer.